Pages

Search

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Left over blend with Strawberry & Banana

I had some frozen strawberries left over after the Fresh Fraisier episode. I froze the strawberries so that it does not get spoiled very soon. Somehow both Briji and myself does not like to have the strawberries as fruit. We would not mind having it in cakes, ice creams or even drinks. So I had to do something with these.  I also had some ripe bananas and fresh honey from a nearby farm. So here is my creative recipe.



Ingredients:

Strawberries - 1 cup
Banana - 1
Honey - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Heavy cream - 1/2 cup (optional)

Method:

- In a mixer, blend the strawberries, banana and milk together until smooth. You may add more milk if you need it really liquid. This proportion will give you a thick drink.
- To this add the honey and blend it until mixed well. You can also add more honey depending how sweet you want the drink to be.
-In a separate bowl, take the heavy cream and with a hand mixer blend it until stiff peaks are formed.
- Pour the drink in the serving glass, fill it 3/4th. Take the whipped cream in pipping bag and pipe it over this drink. (this step is optional, you may just serve the drink without the whipped cream).




This recipe makes about 4 medium glass. I used less banana so that it does not over power the strawberry flavor.

I could not name this drink, so contributions are welcome and I will rename this post if we have any suggestions from the readers.

Enjoy and will be back soon with more....

No comments:

Post a Comment